About Kundabung Hall

Built in 1953 by the Kundabung Community, ‘The Hall’ has played a central part in the village’s social gatherings for over 60 years. It is the only Community Hall in the Macleay area that is still owned and run by the community itself and not by the Local Council.

(PDF of a newspaper article that appeared in the Macleay Argus in 1953)

 

The Hall hosts regular activities such as yoga, darts, morning tea and the Kundabung Market, and hosts annual events such as the Kundabung Regional Art Prize (KRAP) and the Christmas party.

 

It is also available for hire for private functions or public gatherings. (See Hiring for more information.)

The Hall is built on the 51 acre Kundabung Public Recreation Reserve. The reserve also includes the Boat Ramp and play area on Pipers Creek, which are accessed by continuing along River Rd past the Hall. Pipers Creek joins the Maria River, south of the Reserve, and the Maria River eventually flows into the Hastings River. So the Boat Ramp is excellent for anyone wanting a day of being on the water fishing, kayaking, boating etc.

(PDF of Trust land)

The Hall also now looks after the Kundabung Tennis Court. The clay court is one of the oldest in Australia. Of late, the Tennis Court has fallen a little into disrepair. The Hall Committee is making progress regarding the future of this facility.

Content © copyright 2017-2019 Kundabung Hall. All Rights Reserved.
Website design and hosting by Mons Olympus Pty Ltd T/A Colour Horizons. Website feedback